Monday, November 15, 2010

Shield teaser

Here is first draft of the Bulwark of Smoldering Steel, the shield to accompany my paladin's sanctified lightsworn garb.  This will be the very base layer, with about 4-5 more layers on top for the detailing.  The entire thing is 27"x21" and will weigh probably about 10lbs or less.  I have to be able to carry it one handed without straining.  If everything goes well I also want to be able to attach it to my back like it works in game.  I also would love to have it lit for it to be more impressive.

 I can't say I am fully happy with how it turned out.  I made a few mistakes but since foamcore is so cheap I can afford to mess up a few.  I really wish I could find pregridded things, thats always something I have had problems with when transposing a reference image.

EDIT:  I know the skull is too small.  That will be fixed.

Edit2: Got the shield cut out this morning and just about passed out, too sleepy to get anything done.  Also scrapping the first piece of the expanding foamed armour.  Ill come back and make a better form, thats the big thing I didnt do.

No comments:

Post a Comment